This Edible Sugar Cookie Dough recipe is perfect for EATING! I loveee cookie dough, but always feel guilty sneaking a bite. Well this recipe is a favorite because it has no raw egg or raw flour, which means it’s totally safe to eat. It’s the perfect sweet treat to cure your sweet tooth.Jump to Recipe
Edible Sugar Cookie Dough Recipe
Not only is this raw cookie dough recipe safe to eat, but it’s also specifically created for one! Whether you need a mid-day pick me up, a late night snack, or a post-dinner dessert, this is the perfect treat for one!
Since it’s such a small batch, you don’t have to worry about getting out your stand mixer or cleaning your hand mixer, this easy recipe can be mixed with just a fork.
Ingredients for Easy, Edible Sugar Cookie Dough
- All Purpose Flour – We’re going to make heat-treated flour so it’s totally safe to eat.
- Salted Butter (softened) – Make sure to use softened butter. I always use salted butter in my cookies, but if you only have unsalted, just add an extra pinch of salt to the dough.
- Granulated Sugar – We don’t need brown sugar, just white sugar, because this is for sugar cookie dough.
- Milk – The milk will replace the liquid we’d usually get from eggs in cookie dough.
- Vanilla – Vanilla extract is what flavors the dough. If you love almond flavoring, feel free to substitute 1/4 tsp almond extract instead of vanilla.
- Salt – We only need just a pinch.
- Sprinkles – Sprinkles aren’t required, but they’re one of my favorite mix-ins to make this cute & festive for any season. And I just love sprinkles 🙂
How to Make Delicious, Edible Sugar Cookie Dough for One
- We’ll start by heat-treating the flour. Add the flour to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
- In a separate mixing bowl, use a fork to combine the butter and sugar until fluffy and combined completely.
- Next, stir in the milk and vanilla.
- Finally, add in the flour and a pinch of salt and continue to mix until a soft dough forms.
- Now, fold in sprinkles if you’re using them.
- ENJOY your edible cookie dough just for you!
Is eggless cookie dough really safe to eat?
As long as you follow the instructions to heat-treat your flour, then yes, it’s totally safe to eat!
How do you make cookie dough that is safe to eat?
I love sugar cookies, but because of raw eggs, the regular dough isn’t safe to eat. Make any cookie dough recipe safe to eat by replacing the eggs with 1/4 cup of milk and heat-treating the flour.
How to heat-treat flour:
The main goal in heat-treating flour is to have your flour reach 160°F, and there are two ways to do this. Either spread your flour out on a large baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes, or microwave your flour in a bowl for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Recipes Similar to Edible Sugar Cookie Dough for One
- Cookie Dough Dip
- Fruity Pebbles Treats
- Cornflake Cookies
- Pillsbury Cookies
- Recipe for Almond Joy Cookies
- Frosted Flake Cookies
Edible Sugar Cookie Dough for One
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp salted butter softened
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- sprinkles optional
- Add your flour to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, use a fork to combine the butter and sugar until completely combined and fluffy.
- Stir in the milk and vanilla.
- Add the flour and a pinch of salt. Fold until well combined.
- Fold in sprinkles, if desired.