Fruity Pebbles Treats
Fruity Pebbles Treats are the best twist on classic rice krispies treats. This recipe specifically is so soft and gooey, you won’t be able to stop making them. And I included my special hack to avoid the melted marshmallows sticking to your hands!Jump to Recipe
Fruity Pebbles Treats Recipe
Fruity Pebbles Treats are so simple to make. You only need four ingredients and a microwave. Plus, these are no bake so they’re great to make when you don’t want to turn on your oven, or are already using it for something else.
Ingredients for Fruity Pebbles Rice Crispy Treats
- Fruity Pebbles Cereal – Feel free to play with the ratio of fruity pebbles to rice krispies depending on your preference. I like equal ratios so that they taste fruity, but aren’t too much. You could even do all fruity pebbles if you want! Whatever ratio you decide, be sure it equals 6 cups of cereal.
- Rice Krispies Cereal
- Salted Butter
- Mini Marshmallows – You’ll need one 16 oz bag, but if you can’t find that size, just use about 8 1/2 cups of mini marshmallows.
How to Make Fruity Pebbles Marshmallows Treats
- In an extra large bowl, measure out and add your rice krispie and fruity pebbles cereal.
- Then in a separate, large, microwave-safe bowl, add 4 tbsp of butter. Melt in the microwave completely.
- Now pour about 3/4 of the bag of marshmallows into the bowl with the melted butter and stir to coat the marshmallows in the butter.
- Return that bowl to the microwave and cook for 30 seconds, then stir. Repeat this one more time so the marshmallows are mostly melted.
- Next, pour the marshmallow mixture into the extra large bowl with the cereal. Stir to combine.
- After mixing together, add in the remaining marshmallows that you didn’t melt in the microwave. Gently stir those into the mixture – this will ensure there are a few full marshmallows in your treats, which makes them extra delicious!
- Grease a 9×9 pan for extra thick treats, or a 9×13 pan for normal fruity pebble treats.
- Wet your hands slightly. This is the best trick ever! Melted marshmallows won’t stick to wet hands, so this makes it so much easier to press the mixture into your pan. Just run your hands under water, shake off the excess, then press your fruity pebble treats into the greased pan.
- Allow the mixture to set in the pan for about 30 minutes before cutting and serving.
Why are my Rice Krispie Treats hard as a rock?
This usually happens when you let the marshmallows cook for too long and get too hot. Make sure you follow the instructions and only microwave your marshmallows for a total of 1 minute. Then your fruity pebble or rice krispie treats should be soft for days!
What happens if you put too much butter in Rice Krispies Treats?
If you put too much butter in rice krispies treats they will become oily, the cereal will soak up the butter and the treats will become soggy, rather than crispy.
How early can I make Rice Krispies Treats?
Fruity Pebbles and Rice Krispies Treats are always best on the same day they are made. However, you can make them 24 hours in advance if needed. Be sure to store your treats in an airtight container for maximum freshness.
Recipes Similar to Fruity Pebbles Treats
Fruity Pebble Treats
- 3 cups fruity pebbles cereal*
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal*
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 1 16 oz bag mini marshmallows
- In an extra large bowl, measure out your Rice Krispie Cereal.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt 4 tbsp of butter completely.
- Pour 3/4 of the bag of marshmallows into the bowl and stir to coat with the melted butter.
- Return the bowl to the microwave and cook for 30 seconds and then stir. Repeat one more time until the marshmallows are mostly melted.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture into the bowl with the Rice Krispies and stir to combine.
- Once everything is combined, add the remaining marshmallows to the mixture and mix until evenly distributed.
- Pour into a greased 9×9 pan for extra thick cereal treats or in a 9×13 for normal cereal treats.
- Wet your hands slightly and use your damp hands to gently press the mixture into the pan.
- Allow the mixture to set in the pan for 30 minutes before cutting and serving.
so simple but so good definitely will make these again!