No Bake Cornflake Cookies
Cornflake Cookies are delicious no bake cookies! This cereal and peanut butter combo is the perfect mix of salty and sweet. Made with just a few simple ingredients, this easy dessert is sure to be one of your new family favorites!Jump to Recipe
Cornflake Cookie Recipe
I have the biggest sweet tooth, but sometimes I’m just not in the mood to bake treats. Enter no bake recipes! No bake desserts, like cornflake cookies, are easy recipes that just require mixing a few ingredients and letting the cookies set-up.
I love that this easy recipe makes a cookie that is both chewy and crunchy at the same time! And it’s made with peanut butter, so of course it is full of amazing flavor!
Ingredients for Cornflake Cookies
- Cornflake Cereal – This cookie recipe is for plain cornflakes, but it also works great with Rice Krispies, Rice Chex, or any other cereal you want to try.
- Light Corn Syrup – Corn Syrup, like Karo Syrup, is a key ingredient in this recipe. Don’t try leaving it out or substituting because the cookies won’t turn out correctly.
- Granulated Sugar – Nope, you won’t need any brown sugar in this recipe.
- Peanut Butter – Depending on your preference, you can use crunchy, chunky peanut butter or creamy, smooth peanut butter.
- Vanilla Extract – This is my favorite brand for baking.
- Mini Marshmallows – The mini marshmallow will melt and keep the cookies soft for days!
How to Make Easy Cornflake Cookies
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the light corn syrup and granulated sugar. Heat on the stove top over medium heat.
- Make sure you are constantly stirring the syrup and sugar mixture until the edges just begin to bubble and boil. At that point, immediately remove from the heat.
- Next, add in the peanut butter and vanilla. Stir to combine completely and make a golden syrup mixture.
- Now add the marshmallows to the pan. Stir the mixture to completely the coat the marshmallows in the sauce, then let them sit while you complete the next step.
- Measure out the cornflake cereal into a large bowl, then set aside.
- Stir the marshmallow and creamy peanut butter mixture again, then pour over the cereal in the large bowl.
- Stir to coat the crunchy cornflakes completely with the sauce.
- Portion out the cornflake mixture into your desired cookie size and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Even though this isn’t traditional cookie dough, it’s easiest to use a cookie scoop to keep a uniform size.
- Allow your chewy cornflake cookies to set up fully – this will only take a matter of minutes.
- Store your cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
Can you freeze Cornflake Cookies?
Yes! Place your cookies in a single layer on a baking sheet, then freeze. Once frozen, you can transfer your cookies to a zip-top freezer bag or a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
How long does it take Cornflake Cookies to set?
This no bake cookie recipe sets fairly quickly in just about 10 minutes.
Recipes Similar to Cornflake Cookies
- 6 cups cornflake cereal
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the light corn syrup and granulated sugar over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until the mixture on the edges of the pan just begins to boil and bubble. Immediately remove from the heat.
- Add in the peanut butter and vanilla. Stir to completely combine.
- Measure out the marshmallows and add to the pan, stir to coat the marshmallows and then let the marshmallows sit while you measure out the cornflake cereal.
- Measure out the cornflake cereal into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Now stir the marshmallows into the the peanut butter mixture.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal, stir to coat the cereal.
- Scoop and portion out the mixture into your desired size (I usually use about 3 tbsp for each cookie).
- Allow the mixture to set up and then enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days on the counter.