Cookie Dough Dip
Cookie Dough Dip is a delicious, sweet, and creamy dip that tastes just like cookie dough! Plus, this recipe is made with no cream cheese, no eggs, and we heat-treat the flour so it’s totally safe to eat.Jump to Recipe
Cookie Dough Dip Recipe
I’m always looking for a unique (but simple to make) dish to serve at parties or with big groups of friends. This dip is my new go-to because it actually tastes like cookie dough! I love to serve it with graham crackers, pretzels, or Nilla Wafers and let everyone choose their favorite.
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
- All Purpose Flour – Because it’s not recommended to eat raw, uncooked flour, we will heat-treat this flour in the microwave at the beginning of the recipe.
- Salted Butter (room temperature) – I always use salted butter, but if you only have unsalted, just add an extra pinch of salt to the dough. Be sure to set your butter out ahead of time so it can soften.
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Milk – We are essentially making eggless cookie dough at first, so the milk will replace the liquid that you usually get with eggs.
- Mini Chocolate Chips – You can use whatever chocolate chips you like, but I usually go for mini in this recipe. If my husband were choosing, it would definitely be Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate Chips in every recipe.
- Whipped Topping – I usually use Cool Whip. If you want, you can make your own whipped topping by using 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream and whip until stiff peaks form. If you do use fresh whipped cream, store in the fridge for only 3 days.
How to Make Cookie Dough Dip Without Cream Cheese
- Begin by adding your flour to a small, microwave safe bowl. Microwave the flour for 30 seconds, then set aside. This will heat-treat the flour and make it safe to eat in the dip.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric hand mixer to cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until completely combined and fluffy.
- Now add in the milk and vanilla, then mix until combined.
- Next, add the flour and salt to the bowl and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Stir in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Now add the whipped topping and gently fold it into the dough until there are no longer visible white streaks.
- Serve the chocolate chip dip with your favorite snacks & ENJOY!
- Store your dip in the fridge for up to 5 days.
What is Cookie Dough Dip?
This is a deliciously creamy, safe-to-eat, dip that tastes just like cookie dough! It’s made with a lot of pantry-staple ingredients, but without the eggs and raw flour that makes cookie dough unsafe to eat normally.
Can you freeze this dip?
If you make this recipe with regular, store-bought whipped topping, then yes, you can freeze this dip. When you’re ready to eat the dip, let it thaw in the fridge overnight and then mix it again with a mixer to bring back the fluffy texture.
What to eat with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip?
You can basically dip anything you want in this! My go-to’s are graham crackers, pretzels, fruit (like strawberries or apple slices), or Nilla Wafers. I also like to use this as a filling in homemade sandwich cookies!
Recipes Similar to Cookie Dough Dip
Cookie Dough Dip
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup salted butter room temperature
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 4 oz whipped topping like Cool Whip
- Add your flour to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl with an electric hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until completely combined and fluffy.
- Add the milk and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add the flour and salt to the bowl. Mix until a soft dough forms.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Add then whipped topping to the bowl and gently fold the whipped topping and cookie dough together until no more white streaks are visible.
- Serve with graham crackers or even pretzels.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.