Mini Sugar Cookies are everything you love about sugar cookies, but mini! And they’re just as good as they are cute!Jump to Recipe
Mini Sugar Cookies Recipe
Is there anything better than a teeny tiny cookie?! They’re perfect for small kids hands, or a handful of cookies in adult hands 🙂
Ingredients for Mini Cookies
- Salted Butter (softened) – I always use salted butter in my cookies. If you only have unsalted, just add an extra pinch of salt to the dough.
- Margarine (softened) – We’ll use both butter and margarine in this recipe because the butter makes the cookie chewy, while the margarine gives the cookie a buttery, crisp edge. However, you can use all butter or all margarine if needed.
- Granulated Sugar
- Light Corn Syrup – Corn syrup keeps the cookie extra chewy. But, if you don’t have any or have a corn allergy, you can omit this.
- Vanilla Extract – This is my go-to vanilla for baking.
- Butter Extract – I loveee the flavor that butter extract adds to this cookie. If you don’t have any, you can just use all vanilla extract. But I promise it’s worth adding!
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Salt – I always use this Real Salt in my cookies.
How to Make Bite Sized Sugar Cookies
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, then set aside.
- In a stand mixer, or in a bowl with a hand mixer, cream together the butter, margarine, and granulated sugar until light in color and fluffy in texture.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula to include all ingredients, then add the egg, corn syrup, vanilla, and butter extract. Mix until combined.
- Next, add the flour, baking soda, and salt and continue to mix until a soft dough forms.
- Use clean hands to break the dough into small, 2 tsp portions.
- Roll each portion into a smooth ball, or leave as is with jagged edges, then place the dough evenly on your prepared cookie sheet. For these photos, I rolled my small dough portions into balls.
- Bake the mini cookies in your preheated oven for 5-7 minutes or until the cookies have flattened and no longer look wet and glossy on top.
- After baking, allow the cookies to cool directly on the baking sheet.
- Store your cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Can you frost mini sugar cookies?
These mini sugar cookies frost great! I usually use this Buttercream Frosting for sugar cookies.
How to store mini cookies:
Store your bite sized cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Yes, you can freeze them even if they’re frosted.
Can I put sprinkles in these sugar cookies?
Yes! You can either mix sprinkles directly into the dough, or roll the dough into sprinkles prior to baking them like these Sprinkle Cookies.
Recipes Similar to Mini Sugar Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Mini Cookies
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pillsbury Cookie Dough
- 4 Ingredient Almond Joy Cookies
- Milk Bar Cornflake Cookie Recipe
Mini Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 1/2 cup margarine softened
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp butter extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cream together the butter, margarine and granulated sugar until light in color and fluffy in texture.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and add in the egg, corn syrup, vanilla extract and butter extract. Mix until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until a soft dough forms.
- Break the dough into small portions, eyeballing approx 2 tsp for each portion.
- Arrange on a parchment paper or silicone lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° F for 5-7 minutes, or until the cookies have flattened and no longer look wet and glossy on the top.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature or in the freezer for up to 3 months.