Avalanche Cookies are no bake rice krispy cookies! These delicious treats are full of peanut butter and white chocolate flavor and filled with marshmallows, chopped milk chocolate, and topped with sea salt!Jump to Recipe
Avalanche Cookies Recipe
I love a good no-bake cookie and these are one of my favorites! This cookie is definitely an upgraded version of a cornflake-type cookie. The different types of chocolate pair perfectly together in this recipe. And it’s honestly hard to go wrong with a cookie that includes peanut butter.
Ingredients for Avalanche Cookies
- White Chocolate Chips – I always use white chocolate chips because I prefer the flavor. But, you can also use white chocolate melting bark if you’d rather.
- Creamy Peanut Butter – I prefer creamy peanut butter, but feel free to use crunchy if you like that more.
- Rice Krispies – Any plain crispy rice cereal will do!
- Mini Marshmallows
- Chopped Chocolate – You can use a chopped chocolate bar or mini chocolate chips. If you plan to mix the chocolate into the cookie (instead of pressing on top like suggested in the recipe), make sure to freeze the chocolate beforehand. Otherwise, it will melt when mixed into the warm white chocolate & peanut butter mixture.
- Sea Salt – This is to sprinkle on top of the cookies at the end.
How to make No Bake, Rice Crispy Cookies
- In a large bowl, measure out the Rice Krispies and mini marshmallows, then set aside.
- In a separate microwave-safe bowl, measure out the white chocolate chips and peanut butter.
- Microwave the white chocolate and peanut butter for 30 seconds, then stir. Continue to repeat until the mixture is smooth.
- Next, pour the warm mixture over the cereal and marshmallows. Stir to coat completely.
- Scoop and portion out the mixture into your desired cookie sizes, then place on a piece of parchment paper or a silicone baking mat to set.
- Sprinkle your chopped chocolate or mini chocolate chips onto the cookies before they set so that they stick to the cookies.
- Then, sprinkle flakey sea salt on top of each cookie.
- Store your cookies at room temperature for up to 4 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Can you freeze Avalanche Cookies?
Yes! Avalanche Cookies actually freeze great. Just freeze the cookies in a single layer for about an hour. Then, once the cookies are frozen so they won’t stick to each other, you can toss them in a zip-top bag or an airtight container for up to 3 months.
What are Avalanche Cookies?
Avalanche Cookies are a no-bake, white chocolate & peanut butter cookie that is filled with crispy rice cereal, mini marshmallows, chocolate, and sea salt.
Recipes Similar to Avalanche Cookies
- 11 oz white chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups rice krispies cereal
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips/chopped chocolate
- flakey sea salt optional
- In a large bowl, measure out the Rice Krispies and mini marshmallows. Set aside.
- In a separate large, microwave safe bowl, measure out the white chocolate chips and creamy peanut butter.
- Microwave for 30 seconds and then stir. Repeat until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal and marshmallows, stir to coat.
- Scoop and portion the mixture out into you desired sized cookie.
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips or chopped chocolate on top of the cookies before they set up.
- Sprinkle flakey sea salt on top, if desired.
- Store at room temperature for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.