Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are a delicious and irresistible treat that is perfect for any occasion. Made with creamy peanut butter, rich chocolate chips, and a hint of vanilla, these cookies are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.Jump to Recipe
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
In my opinion, every one needs a go-to recipe for peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips. This is a great recipe to have in your wheelhouse because it has that classic peanut butter cookie flavor, and isn’t too difficult to make.
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- Creamy Peanut Butter – You’re welcome to use crunchy peanut butter, but I prefer creamy for this recipe.
- Softened Butter – I always use salted butter, but if you only have unsalted you can just add an extra pinch of salt to the dough. If you like a buttery, crispy, melt in your mouth edge to your cookies, try using half butter and half margarine.
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Chocolate Chips – You can use your favorite kind, or even substitute peanut butter M&M’s. My favorite are Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate Chips.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, then set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or using an electric hand mixer, cream together the peanut butter, softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until fully combined.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula so that all ingredients make it into the mixture.
- Then add the egg and continue to mix until well combined.
- Now it’s time for the dry ingredients. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, and continue to mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and mix until those are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Now, portion the dough into about 2 1/2 tbsp balls. I use two scoops from my #50 cookie scoop for this and then roll the dough together into a ball.
- Place your medium sized cookie dough balls onto your prepared baking sheet.
- Slightly flatten each cookie dough ball so it looks like a hockey puck – this will give the cookie th perfect shape after baking.
- Bake the cookies in your preheated oven for about 11-13 minutes. The cookie will spread just slightly and the edges will begin to turn golden brown when they’re ready to be removed from the oven.
- Allow the cookies to cool directly on the pan for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Store cookies in an airtight container & ENJOY!
How To Store Leftover Peanut Butter Cookies:
Place your leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature and they will stay fresh for up to 3 days. After about 3 days, they will start to get stale. So if you’re hoping to bake these cookies in advance or want them to last longer than 3 days, be sure to store them in the freezer!
How To Freeze Cookies:
You can freeze leftover cookies by placing them in an airtight container in your freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to eat them, let the cookies thaw on the counter for a few minutes, or heat up in the microwave for a few seconds so they taste fresh out of the oven.
Recipes Similar to Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line you baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or with an electric hand mixer, cream together the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar and sugar until well combined.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and add in the egg. Mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt, mix until the sticky dough forms.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Portion the dough out equal sized portions. I usually use two scoops from my #50 scoop for each cookie to make a larger cookie or 1 1/2 tbsp for small cookies. Roll into a ball and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Flatten the cookie dough so it looks like a hockey puck.
- Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes. The cookie will spread just slightly and the edges should start to turn golden brown when they are ready to come out of the oven.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.